This course is designed to assist anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP).
The course introduces and explains the basic techniques and develops an understanding of SUP. The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
By the end of this module participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the worldwide development of the sport and the role of the various bodies on the field including British Canoeing.
- Understand equipment design, size and modification to suit individual requirements.
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each.
- Understand the different types of board available, their characteristics and the different techniques used on them.
- Understanding of handling an SUP efficiently.