Stag weekends in Wales never looked so good!
Arranging a memorable stag do in Cardiff is easier than you think! Here are some simple steps to make the weekend an epic and mostly painless (aside from the hangover) experience.
- First, set the date using a WhatsApp group with all the interested parties – it’s a good idea to leave the stag out of this one. This way, everyone will be kept in the loop and you’ll soon have your guestlist. Don’t forget the stag’s dad and possibly the bride’s dad (conduct a Risk vs Benefit analysis to decide on this one).
- There is, of course, only one location to choose from – Cardiff! This amazing city that welcomes stags from around Europe boasts legendary bars and clubs across a range of locations within the city, from the buzzing centre to the stunning waterfront location of Cardiff Bay. All the venues love hosting well-behaved stag dos and provide something for everyone.
- Staying in Cardiff also offers up a wide range of options. We recommend the Holiday Inn Express, NosDa hostel or the YHA in order to stay close to the action. They’re all reasonably priced, include breakfast and are perfectly placed close to the city and activities, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Cardiff International White Water (CIWW) is a one-stop shop for keeping your stag group entertained. If you arrive on a Friday night, why not start with some early evening White Water Rafting?
Fridays can be a slow burner on some stag dos – some of the group will be meeting for the first time, and you might be lacking in energy after a week in work and travelling to get there. Fear not, as at CIWW we’ll kickstart your weekend by turning the pumps up to their limit, giving you an adrenaline-filled experience.
- On Saturday, why not opt for a full day of Gorge Walking? You’ll drive out from the city (or we can take care of the transport if you’d prefer), enabling the group to nurse that hangover, before plunging into a Welsh river!
Gorge Walking is a fantastic group activity that lends itself to making fun of the stag, as well as testing your nerve with high jumps into plunge pools. Afterwards, you’ll have plenty of time to get back to Cardiff, and get ready and hit the town.
- Sunday is always a tough challenge, but meet it head on by returning to CIWW to take part in one of our other activities – Indoor Wave, Air Trail or Climbing. We also offer great value packages, so don’t forget to ask when you book.
- It goes without saying that dressing the stag up is an essential part of the weekend, and here at CIWW we’ve seen some of the best (and worst!). Most outfits will fit over the wetsuits that we provide. A word of warning though – while we always appreciate seeing your unique stag attire, please go for the less risqué options, as we do have young people visiting the centre.
- Back to that WhatsApp group – make sure you line up some amazing dares, so you’re all set for that big night out!
If you’re ready for some serious stag do activities in Wales’ capital city, then give our friendly team a call on 029 2082 9970, and let us help you create a tailor-made stag experience that is sure to make you a legend!